The circuit is based on the “Truqueur” by Hervé Cadinot, published in “Montage électroniques pour vidéo” in 1994. It can invert the content of a composite video signal, and wipe between original and inverted video, with gain control on original and inverted signal.
TRQ V2 adds a second wipe, with a CV/audio input so the wipe can be controlled with an external signal. This signal can be processed using the internal sample and hold (based on René Schmitz YASH). TRQ produces various glitch effects, with bright colors. A rotary switch can select between 8 effect intensity, and a potentiometer attenuate this effect. The project is now available through the shop, either assembled, in kit or pcbs only.
(This in an extract of the last newsletter, part 2/2)
Work in progress
Now that the work on the updated sync generator is done, it can be used for other projects.
1) Here is one of the implementation, Stable, it is a video processor amplifier and stabilizer for glitch.
The proc amp part allows to control contrast, brightness, hue and saturation of a Composite video signal, or only contrast and brightness on a SD/HD Y signal from Component (the chroma filter can be bypassed to avoid unwanted filtering). All parameters of the proc-amp are controllable with an external voltage, which allows for nice internal feedback/glitch like effect when using the post proc output.
The processor part extract sync from the video signal, so it can be used to reinsert a clean sync in the stabilizer part. Basic usage is to input the clean video signal into the processor part, then process it using a glitch device like CBV001, glitch output going into the stabilizer. This will ensure a stable signal in all instances, making glitch easier to capture/display.
A first revision has been tested, and beside a couple fixes, it is really promising. Then, it is far from being ready for release, so no precise ETA yet.
2) Another use of the updated sync generator board is a multiformat ramp generator, Rampes.
It generates horizontal and vertical ramps, mirrored horizontal and vertical ramps, with inversion of each.
It also generates (or rather extract) horizontal, vertical and odd/even sync pulses, in order to sync modules with a front panel sync input. Those pulses are currently 1V, however making them 5V should help with audio modules compatiblity, without impacting compatibility with 1V standard modules.
Finally, it generates five 2D shapes made from combinations of mirrored ramps.
Boards for the 3rd revision are on their way, mostly fine tuning the circuit, no ETA on this one either, though I expect to have it ready before Stable.
3) If you want to know more about the upcoming stuff, or chat about video synthesis/glitch art, feel free to join the Discord server (link in bio)
Video devices ready for distorsion. Built units and DIY kits in stock (link in bio). From left to right: #avemod #discret11 #truqueur / #trq Same video input, various glitch flavoured outputs. #analogvideo #videoart #glitch #glitchart #glitchartistscollective #videosynth #diysynth #videodistorsion #analogglitch #syntonie
(This in an extract of the last newsletter, part 1/2)
New year, new resolutions
Wish you a happy new year! Thanks for the continuous support during 2023, it has been an intense year, with the release of six new modules: Isohélie, Animate, Animate EXP, Seuils, Solaire and Entrée.
1) New resolutions for 2024 are 720p59.94/1080p29.97/1080i59.94/1080p23.98/1080p24. In other words, the updated sync generator board for VU007B is now available for purchase to upgrade your unit, and it is now included with assembled modules, DIY kits and PCB sets (note that there is only a couple DIY kits in stock still, and those won’t be restocked). Here is a quick summary of the features :
– Additional formats supported: 720p59.94 / 1080i59.94 / 1080p29.97 / 1080p23.98 / 1080p24 – Genlock to an external video signal improved: faster lock time and reduced jitter – Format autodetection feature: detects the format of the external video signal when present and set itself to the right format, overriding the front panel switches.
2) If you fancy upgrading your modules a bit more, VU007B aluminum front panels and VU003B aluminum front panels are now available to order separately.
3) CBV001 is now available as a SMD PCB set, this will make the build and part sourcing easier, as well as helping in keeping the same stock of PCB for assembled units and DIY option.
Here I share with you the presentation Teaser of `Confide`, the new upcoming album from eluizemusik , a musicmaker from Australia all the way up to Berlin in the Techno environment. This track`s name is "Elapse", and you`ll find it in the complete LP which is going to be released by craigieknowes label on 8/04. So glad to have received this opportunity! - The video was made completely by me, mixing usage of analog and digital circuitry, new and old, using it as it properly should be used or using exactly some of its malfunctioning. Big thanks goes also to Bastien Lavaud holographic_thought_process , which let me build an early prototype of a Composite video distortion/ color inversion unit: The Truqueur, and you`ll be finding it as a kit soon on www.syntonie.fr . A point of View about these sounds, if you will - Enjoy the view/sound 😀 • • • • • #analogart #digitalart #glitchart #glitchartistcollective #videocircuits #diy #oldschoolmeetsnewschool #analogcolours #analogcamera #compositevideo #composition #analogfeedback #audioreaction #truqueur #solderingiron #goodwill #vintageelectronics #misphitcircuitry #entrophicollective • #confideLP #newalbum by #eluize #craigieknowes #staytuned •
Merci à @trait_union de m’avoir fait venir pour Connexion # 1 ainsi qu’à tout les gens qui sont venu assister à l’atelier et à la soirée! Super live A/V de @emerging_patterns, DJ set bien breaké de @papi_julio_69 avec un soupçon de visuel par moi-même 📺📺📺 Merci à @agnostic_music pour la vidéo de l’atelier!🎶🎶🎶 #motm #workshop #glitch #glitchart #glitchartistscollective #diy #syntonie #trq #truqueur
Entrée (pronounced [ɑ̃.tʁe], french for input) is a Component to RGB colorspace converter and Luma Processor with the following features:
- Decodes SD/HD Component (YPbPr) to 1V RGBY outputs. - Y signal is normalized to the processor input which features an attenuverter (contrast) and offset (brightness), plugging a jack in the processor input will break the normalization to allow the processing of another signal. - Y pass-through RCA at the rear of the module to sync the sync generator/encoder to the external video signal.
It is an update of VU003B with a couple improvements:
- Low noise power supply - Active attenuverter in the processor part - 75R output impedance on the 1V output jacks to increase the bandwidth, resulting in a sharper picture in HD formats.
Some of those improvements can be applied to VU003B (both DIY and production versions), the details of those modifications can be found on Syntonie GitHub. Get in touch by email if you’d like to have your VU003B modified.
The module is powered through standard Eurorack connector or DC barrel.
0-700mV Y, Pb, Pr, 75ohm 0-1V Processor In, 100kohm
0-1V R, G, B, Y, Processor Out, 75 ohm 0-700mV Sync Out (rear), 75 ohm
ITA/ Pronti per l`uscita di #confideLP! eluizemusik con questo album ti porta a spasso tra meditazione, armonia e bellissimi panorami sonori. Allegato all` album uscirà il video ufficiale di Elapse, contenente una controparte visiva di cosa sentite; segnali mischiati, misture di apparecchi nuovi (#truqueur) e vecchi, analogici e digitali, e malfunzioni totalmente desiderate. Stay tuned!
ENG/ Ready for Confide LP releasing tomorrow! eluizemusik is gonna take you around amongst meditation, harmony and beautiful soundscapes. Elapse `s official video is going to be attached, containing a visual counterpart of what you hear; mixed signals, a mixture of new circuits (#truqueur) and older ones, analogue and digital, and totally desired iridescent malfuctioning. Stay tuned!